U.S. Mysids is proud to announce a brand new packaging system that guarantees the recycling/reuse of shipping material.
U.S. Mysids is at the forefront of Sustainable and self-policing techniques for collecting live mysids as described previously at, “Our Sustainable Mysid Fishery” In keeping with this worthy goal of Sustainability, we also take seriously being the lowest carbon footprint. Having a low carbon footprint includes recycling and reusing materials.
U.S. Mysids has developed a packaging method that works better than the old outdated ice chest shipping method and is completely reusable.
The advantages are:
- The aquarium no longer has to store ice chests.
- The Foam Inserts in the picture can be flattened and shipped back to U.S. Mysids for reuse.
- U.S. Mysids pays for the return shipping.
- No additional cost to you for lowering your carbon footprint and being more sustainable.
- Increases the survivability of mysids
Many Aquariums are already using this method and we have received nothing but praise.
This new sustainable packaging effectively separates the double bags and eliminates crushing experienced using ice chests. In addition, the shipping costs are lower than with ice chests.
In summary, this method increases the survivability of mysids, reduces shipping problems, lowers costs, is sustainable and totally recyclable. A win for everyone!!